There are three required Professional Skills Forum (PSF) courses – PSF1 in the Freshman Year, PSF2 in the Sophomore year/year 1 for transfer students, and Career Development Strategies (CDS) in the Junior year 3/year 2 for transfer students.
The three-course sequence focuses on the following competencies:
1 – Career Management
2 – Job Search Readiness
3 – Financial Acumen
4 – Self Awareness / Leadership
5 – Change Readiness / Adaptability
6 – Professionalism / Work Readiness
* Adapted from the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
Unique Value for our Students
- Develop personal relationships with Student Experience Center from Freshman year through Graduation
- Enhance peer network from day 1 – meeting other business students before any business courses are taken
- Improve confidence in their major
- Receive guidance in career exploration and prepare for Internships
- Build self-awareness and leadership skills
- Set personal and professional goals – with support and accountability
- Cultivate Professional Etiquette – Smart attire and business dining
- Prepare Professional Portfolio – Ready for Job Search, Interviewing and landing their first career opportunity
If you have questions about the course, please reach out to the SEC Staff or your PSF professor!