Time: 9 am – 8 pm
121 Market St.
Camden, NJ 08102
Camden Catalyst – a startup pitch competition that will be awarding $25,000 to students and startups building their business and hiring in Camden – are due 7/14/17!
Please feel free to read and share the recent Camden Catalyst articles that had been published!
1. Jersey Digs – Pitch Camden-Based Startup Idea for $25,000!
2. NJ.Com – Got an idea for a tech startup? $25K up for grabs if you start it in this city
3. Philly Business Journal – Phila. tech leaders are committing to Camden, but can the city support a startup scene?
4. Technically Philly – Can this pitch competition produce Camden’s flagship startup?
Date: 7/18 and 7/19/17
Tuesday, July 18th 9:30am – 5:30pm (the reception follows)
Wednesday, July 19th 6:30am – 5:30pm
Place: Convene 117 W 46th Street New York, NY 10036
Here is a link to the program website for full details:
There is a wonderful opportunity to volunteer and even network at New York Venture Summit on July 18th – 19th at the Convene in New York City. Hurry, there are a few slots available!
This exclusive venture summit will bring together over 500 Venture Capitalists, Corporate VCs, Private Investors, Investment bankers and CEOs of cutting edge companies; will feature over 100 VCs as speakers, presentations from more than 60 Top Innovators, and high-level networking opportunities.
If you are interested, please fill the form available here or email Gil directly at firstname.lastname@example.org specifying which day(s) you are available as well as include your cell phone number.
VC funds confirmed to speak:
- Imraan Ahmed, Vice President, Radius Ventures
- Omid Akhavan, Principal, MVM Life Science Partners
- Nisa Amoils, Investor, Scout Ventures
- David Arcara, Managing Director, Laconia Capital Group
- Ryan Armbrust, Partner, ff Venture Capital
- David Aronoff, General Partner, Flybridge Capital Partners
- Mark Austin, Venture Partner, Bright Capital
- Imran A. Babar, Vice President, OrbiMed Advisors
- Aishwarya Balaji, Investor, 37 Angels
- Amit Bansal, Principal, Digitalis Ventures
- Adriel Bercow, Associate, Flybridge Capital Partners
- Josh Berg, Investment Manager, GM Ventures
- Mark Bernfeld, Partner, Clean Energy Venture Group
- Gil Beyda, Founder & Managing Partner, Genacast Ventures
- Binoy Bhansali, Vice President, Sandbox Industries
- Charles Birnbaum, Investor, Bessemer Venture Partners
- Scott Birnbaum, Founder, Red Sea Ventures
- Brandon Blaesser, Analyst, NewWorld Capital Group
- Sim Blaustein, Partner, Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments
- Matthew Bressler, Principal, TDF Ventures
- Graham Brown, Principal, Lerer Hippeau Ventures
- Briehan Burke, Associate, Catalyst Investors
- Dan Burstein, Managing Partner, Millennium Technology Ventures
- Lisa Calhoun, Managing Partner, Valor Ventures
- Andrew Cleland, Managing Director, ComCast Ventures
- Josh Cohen, Managing Partner, City Light Capital
- Trace Cohen, Managing Director, New York Venture Partners
- Liz Crawford, Associate, Genacast Ventures
- Meghan Cross, Managing Director, Red Bear Angels
- Adam de Sola Pool, Partner, Clean Energy Venture Group
- Aaron Dubin, Investor, Innovation Endeavors
- Miriam Eaves, Venture Partner, BP Ventures
- Sara Eshelman, Principal, Omidyar Network
- Hernan Fernandez, Managing Director, Angel Ventures
- Linda Fingerle, Principal, EDF Ventures
- Nathan Fink, Investor, Shell Technology Investments
- Chris Fortunato, Investor, KEC Ventures
- Darcy Frisch, Managing Director and VP, Hearst Ventures
- Elizabeth Galbut, Managing Partner, SoGal Ventures
- Tejinder Gill, Associate, Insight Venture Partners
- Jesse Glass, Investor, Empire Angels
- Shrey Gosalia, Investor, American Family Ventures
- Taylor Greene, Partner, Lerer Hippeau Ventures
- Ed Greer, Manager, Dow Ventures
- Jacob E. Grose, Investment Manager, BASF Venture Capital
- John Gu, Vice President, Spring Mountain Capital
- Matthew Hanson, Partner, GSV Capital
- Sven Harmsen, Investment Director, M Ventures
- Brian Harwitt, Vice President, CoVenture
- Garnet Heraman, Investor, Anvil Venture Partners
- Brandy Houser, Investment Director, Accelerate New York
- Ali Iz, Managing Partner, NewWorld Capital Group
- Habib Kairouz, Managing Partner, Rho Capital Partners
- Dave Kirkpatrick, Managing Director, SJF Ventures
- Spencer Krug, Investment Associate, RiverPark Ventures
- Sam Lerer, Vice President, General Atlantic
- Adi Levanon, Partner, Symmetrical Ventures
- Byron Ling, Principal, Primary Venture Partners
- Alice Lloyd George, Investor, RRE Ventures
- Mary Long-Irwin, Executive Director, Northern Ontario Angels
- Oivind Lorentzen, Analyst, Oak HC/FT
- Michael Lousteau, Partner, I2BF Global Ventures
- Jiong Ma, Partner, Braemar Energy Ventures
- Jillian Manus, Managing Partner, Structure Capital
- Brad McManus, Investment Director, Motorola Solutions Venture Capital
- Nihal Mehta, Founding General Partner, ENIAC Ventures
- Blair Miller, Investment Partner, Learn Capital
- Jason Nolte, Investment Manager, GM Ventures
- Kenny Nova, Investor, Mid Atlantic Bio Angels
- Cindy Padnos, Founder & Managing Partner, Illuminate Ventures
- Maria Palma, Director, RRE Ventures
- Deepen Parikh, Venture Partner, Interplay Ventures
- Vanessa Alexandra Pestritto, Co-Founder and Partner, Lattice Ventures
- Daniel Pianko, Managing Director, University Ventures
- Stephen Plumlee, Managing Director, R/GA Ventures
- Nael Rasamny, Partner, Outbound Ventures
- Jake Rosenfeld, Investor, Correlation Ventures
- Praveen Sahay, Managing Director, WAVE Equity Partners
- Andrew Schoen, Principal, NEA
- Rudina Seseri, Founder and Managing Partner, Glasswing Ventures
- Sapna Shah, Investor, New York Angels
- Travis Skelly, Senior Vice President, Citi Ventures
- Jonathan Struhl, Co-Founder & General Partner, Indicator Ventures
- Brendan Syron, Principal, Scout Ventures
- Will Szczerbiak, Investor, Greycroft Partners
- Vincent Tang, Principal, Samsung NEXT
- Jaahred Thomas, Founding Partner, Connectivity Ventures Fund
- Claude Vachet, Managing Partner, Cycle Capital Management
- Graham Walmsley, Investor, Versant Ventures
- Ira Weiss, Founder & General Partner, Hyde Park Venture Partners
- Anna Whiteman, Senior Associate, Tribeca Venture Partners
- Nicolas Wittenborn, Vice President, Insight Venture Partners
- Eugene Zhang, Founding Partner, TEEC Angel Fund
- Baiyin Zhou, Senior Associate, Ascent Venture Partners
- Heather Zhuang, Investor, Two Sigma Investments
- Alex Zisson, Managing Director, H.I.G. Capital
- Rick Zullo, Investor, Lightbank
The “Featured Company” Coaching Session is on July 18th from 1:00pm – 5:30pm which is a more intimate gathering of VCs and entrepreneurs and will feature seven VCs on a panel discussion followed by presentations from some of the featured companies with the VCs providing feedback. The session will then be followed by a cocktail reception which you are welcome to join us for.
The full day Venture Summit will be on the 19th.
Students are able to gain free admission and in turn help out for part of the day and enjoy the summit for the other part. Volunteers assist with setup, registration, program coordination, company presentations etc.
Date: Thursday, July 13th
Time: 3 pm to 5 pm
Place: New York Life Regional Office
1000 Atrium Way, Suite 500
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
Give Life to Your Career – A symposium with industry leaders giving practical advice, sharing best practices, giving insider tips, and networking with those interested in building their own business with New York Life! This is a free event and is open to the public. Space is limited. Register today! *Bring a friend who is also interested and win a prize! The first 20 to register receive a free professional headshot!
RSVP TODAY! SPACE IS LIMITED.
Email a copy of your resume to CBlackburn01@newyorklife.com to RSVP. Your resume is your ticket in!
Or Register Here: https://newyorklifesouthjersey.eventbrite.com
Phone: (856) 787-4758
Event activities will include:
Learn best practices from our panel board members
Professional headshots provided by T.Spence Photography available from 3 pm – 4 pm for the first 20 to register!
Chances to win prizes and more!
Time: 10:30 am
Place: BSB front entrance
The trip to Certainteed will be a fantastic lunch-n-learn (yes, lunch provided!) networking event with the opportunity to meet several of their executive staff, including:
- Head of Research and Development
- Vice President of Marketing – Gypsum
- Chief Financial Officer
- Director of Innovation and End User Insights
After the lunch-n-learn, we shall have a tour followed by a Q&A session
Time: 4:30 – 5:30 pm
Place: Student Experience Center (BSB212)
Learn about the pros and cons of a consulting career from Professor Jose Torres.